Marine Corps Sign DIY

ALRIGHT everyone, This is the project I am most excited to share!!!!! I don't think there are enough exclamation points to express my excitement :). I am so very proud of myself mostly because I hand painted the whole thing!! (well with the help of stencils but it was still no easy task!!!) It actually isn't all the way finished, but I couldn't find the right hooks at the hardware store and I really didn't have enough time to look around. The sign is actually is two separate pieces of wood (the blue and the red) If you couldn't tell. To finish it I'm going to put small hooks on the top sign to hold the bottom sign. Then paint another piece of wood that says Okinawa since it is our first 'real' duty station as a family and hang it under the red sign! I love it. I have always seen these and been so jealous, but now I have one of my own that I made which makes it ten times more special (at least I think).

(You have to admit I have the cutest model EVER!!!!)
The process (although it took me forever) was simple. I bought two pieces of wood painted them the solid blue and red. Then I found a font that I liked and print it out to fit the wood. I cut all the letters out and then I traced the letters onto the wood. Next, I started the filling in process with the different colors of paint. I probably did about 4-5 coats of each color. I especially had to paint the yellow a ton of times because the red was so dark. Then I used a clear wood coat to finish it off so it would be super shiny. I know the pictures aren't the best but you get the idea! 
Let me know what you think!!
Leslie

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment