DIY Picture Magnets

So, I originally planned to make these Polaroid Picture looking magnets that I saw on Pinterest... Until I went to print out my pictures and saw about 15 pennies shoved into my printer, that no longer works (Thanks Skyler!). Ohhh toddlers, she never ceases to amaze me!

So I worked with what I had so I could still have a sample of the project.

First, I went to Michaels and bough 1.5' rectangle wood cut outs (19 cents each), a roll of self adhesive magnets ($1.99)& some Matte Mod Podge ($3.49). You'll need paint or paint markers and a paint brush- which I already had.

I painted the wood cut outs white then left it dry for about 10 minutes. I applied mod podge onto one side of the wood with the paint brush, then carefully put a picture onto it (smoothing out any wrinkles). 

(Back of the wood cut out, Magnet) 

I only had to trim the edges of the picture just a smidge to make it fit perfectly. From there, I cut a piece of magnet and stuck it to the back of the wood cut out. And...WA LA! You have your very own Picture Magnets!

  ( Photo Magnet, on my fridge)
I still plan on making the polaroid magnets once I have that handy boyfriend of mine figure out what our little monster did to my printer.... but for now, I think these are super cute!

Try them out, these would be PERFECT for a small Christmas gift. Print your favorite pictures and give 5+ magnets in a small box for a family member or friend! Very personal and SUPER cute!!!

~Lauren

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment